Another milestone achieved!

 Last night I hit another post hip replacement surgery milestone.

One year ago we had our annual scout five mile hike. I took off with a walking stick, even though we were hiking on a paved path. The walking stick helped for a while, but the hip was not cooperative. I had to call it a day after 3.5 miles. (This just happened to be by a parking lot where one of our parents had his car parked).

One year later we had the same five mile hike. And for the first time in maybe two years I did all five miles. Check that one off!

My new Big Bold Brilliant idea is a full recovery for the hip. I'm not there quite yet. But thanks to a really good surgery and therapy team, plus some hard work, I'm getting closer every day. (Is lying on a yoga mat really hard work?)

Next up: Summer Camp. I'm gunning for a 100,000 step week.

What's your Big Bold Brilliant idea? And what's your next milestone on the path?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most days I love my home office.

Monday Stress Buster - Slow Down

Monday Stress Buster - Walk on the Beach