Monday Stress Buster - Make Banana Milkshakes!

Starting in July I'm going to publish one stress busting tip per week, always on Monday. The first day of the work week for a lot of us seems to be a high-stress day. Hopefully these tips will help at least a little bit. 

It’s right there in the title of my book. “Great Things Happen Every Day – Finding joy with family, friends and banana milkshakes.” 

A banana milkshake (something I never heard of before I met my wife) became the very essence of Great Things and stress management for several good reasons: 

  1. It’s delicious, 
  2. It’s simple,
  3. It’s memorable, and most importantly 
  4. If you make one for each member of the family, it’s a shared event that brings the family together. 

The recipe couldn’t be easier: 
  • Vanilla frozen yogurt 
  • Lowfat Milk 
  • A banana. (NOTE: I freeze my bananas – it makes the milkshake a lot thicker. You can also get away with less frozen yogurt if you are so inclined.) 
  • Throw them in the blender, blend and serve. 

Banana milkshakes may not be everyone’s cup of tea – I get that. My kids prefer others, like: 

Chocolate: Replace vanilla frozen yogurt with chocolate and replace the banana with some Hershey’s chocolate syrup. 
Strawberry Banana: Replace half the banana with some frozen strawberries. 
Blueberry: No banana, frozen blueberries and a teaspoon of Stonewall Kitchen wild blueberry jam. I’m sure other types of blueberry jam would also work. 
Vanilla: No banana, add a teaspoon of sugar and a little bit of vanilla (imitation works fine). 

It lowers stress more if you have the kids help.

What is your favorite milkshake flavor?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Stress Buster - Walk on the Beach

Monday Stress Buster - Slow Down

Most days I love my home office.