Achieve Your BOHAGs - one LOHAM at a time

I've always tied my shoes the same way: Cross one leg over the other knee, tie the shoe. Switch legs and repeat. 

I did it that way up till November 9. Then I had hip replacement surgery. 

From that point until today I had a milestone: One day I would tie my shoes the "normal" way - normal for me anyway. 

 It took a while - at first my wife had to tie both shoes. Then she tied the left and I did the right. Then I did the right the "normal" way but had to bend over to tie the left one. 

Today, after many hours of therapy I crossed my left leg over my right knee and tied my shoes the old way. A silly milestone to be sure - but one more step on the way to full recovery. 

(Next up: Complete an online hip yoga class... then 10,000 steps on back to back days... then leg press 50 lbs 30 times... and so on). 

If you want to hit a BOHAG (Big Ol Hairy Audacious Goal... or something close to that) come up with a bunch of LOHAMs (Little Ol Hairy Audacious Milestones) to celebrate along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most days I love my home office.

Monday Stress Buster - Slow Down

Monday Stress Buster - Walk on the Beach